A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I have recently bought Lincoln MKT 2010 with Mykey feature

Customer Question

Hello, I have recently bought Lincoln MKT 2010 with Mykey feature on with speed limits. I have only one key. Previous owner told me that this is the Master Key. I can't go to dealer...because Lincoln has no dealership in Poland.
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: hm...don't get you here
JA: Are you fixing your MKT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have put key to the console and tried to RESET but I can't find any MY KEY SETTINGS
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just this
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.

if the MY KEY feature shows up when the key is installed, it is not the Master Key. You will need to have a new key programed to the vehicle which will program both as Master Key, or as it is called, the Administrator Key. A local mobile lock smith can do this for you. As, any Ford dealership can do this also.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To program master Key - I need a code ? I don't have it...or don't know where to find it.

Below is a section from the Lincoln MKT owners manual talking about MY KEY. Read page 155 about not having an administrator key please.

It will tell you as I stated, you will need to purchase a new key and have them programed by a dealership or a local locksmith that has the proper scan tools that can do this. When the keys are programed, you will have 2 administrator keys.