Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2006 Navigator I ran it low on gas after putting

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Navigator I ran it low on gas after putting gas in it I drove up a hill and then on the restate to leave it started sputtering but got to bottom quit again but made it around curve to parking lot and parked then it will start ut quits and won't run Change fuel filter it was ok then change the fuel pump driver didn't help What sure we try next? I have 2005 we can get parts from It still run good
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

So right now it will crank but not start. That means we need to check the basic things. Can you check the fuel pressure ith the key on, and while crnaking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does start but just wont stay running
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also I can hear a noise coming out of the fuse box but not like a sizzle

Thanks,

Can you check the fuel pressure?

How long will it run once started?

Will it respond to throttle once started?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband can check fuel pressure it is with him at work checking today It only will run a few seconds after changing the fuel pump driver it ran after smoothing out a few minutes ran long enough to make him think good getting ready thinking he good drive home then it quit Not sure about throttle response after that

Thanks,

Just respond when ready.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The throttle does not respond but it really wont run long enough he didnt get fuel pressure test done He talk with mechanic at our Ford garage yesterday he said it sounds like a fuel relay So I guess he's trying more fuse Our manual says the R303 relay is dealer repair only. So I don't quite belieive that. Testing pressure today???????? This Nav has 103,000 mile good shape underneath but it is a recontructed title that had front passenger wheel area damage> Also last week the air suspension went down on it. Found the air drier on the compressor was leaking, the ears on that piece had been broke off and was leaking off all along and finally wouldn't hold pressure at all.

Fuel pressure can be checked regardless of the vehicles running ability. When you turn the key to the run position you get fuel pressure and while the key is in the start position that pressure remains up. Once it stalls the key is still in the run position so the pump is still getting power and commanded on. I can not conform the need to check into the fuel pump relay powers or grounds until we have checked the fuel pressure.

.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris