Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Have a SOUNDMARK Premium Audio System 6cd for 2006 Lincoln

Customer Question

Hi, Have a SOUNDMARK Premium Audio System 6cd for 2006 Lincoln Town car Signature Limited . It does not turn on however. When eject or load button is pushed I get a nsec of 000000 shows am station..then nothing. I haven't a clue on how to test..as I do not know how to get to the rear of unit. I am electronics geek so I have meters and such. Can you help me so I can at least test it?
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all fuses pertaining to audio and nothing is blown
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: one under dask drivers side and under hood left front
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes..I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but the ac is not working
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually I am more concerned about the radio at this point. How to remove and test. I am not thrilled about injuring the dash... Mint cond. Would like to keep it that way
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

I can help you remove the radio and show you the wires to test for power and ground. Testing inside the radio though I can not help with because Ford has no info on that. Would those things help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thx moose cant really follow you step by step at this point since we here on east coast are getting slammed with rain. If you can guide me to how to remove Audio System audiophile AM/FM stereo In-dash 6CD in the 06 LIncoln Town car Sig Limited and where to test then I will be happy.. Yes that would help...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I really didnt expect to get a live person...I am going to have to cancel and get back to you when the rain stops and I have more time to get dirty...thx so much anyways