Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Found a thread from 3 yrs ago regarding a Lincoln MKX

Customer Question

Chris...found a thread from 3 yrs ago regarding a Lincoln MKX sunroof problem similar to mine where you provided some diagrams. My sunroof will not close the last 5 inches. It opens and closes to the stopping point but it won't budge further. Almost as if believes it is supposed to stop there..can us force to nudge it at all. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Normally a position sensor is to blame for this or the track is damaged. Can you work on this with my help?

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry...I'm in i the Army and have been actively engaged this week like yourself. I was standing by was available to work this issue all day Saturday when I asked the question but Sunday was a little more problematic. I will be available this evening and through the night if that is when you are available to help.Bot***** *****ne is I need help manually closing the sunroof on my 2007 Lincoln MXK or diagnosing out why it won't it close the final 5 inches. As I said, I have worked this for a few weeks and have taken the glass to inspect the rails, etc and everything appears to be in order mechanically. Motor works all the way up until it locks...it will reopen but not close the last 5 inches.It is supposed to start raining soon and I need it closed ASAP. Manually first then figuring out the part to order to repair it later. In your previous posts that I've seen, you sent some diagrams along with help information. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.Jason

Here is how to manually close it. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/manual.pdf

Here is the initialization to see if that will work. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/inital.pdf

Here are the steps I have I can send if needed once we start working on this. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/roofopen.png

PS Thanks for your service to this great country.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Chris...do you happen to have instructions on how to safely remove the headliner? Step 1 of the manual instructions you provided...I'm sure I could probably fumble through it but it would be easier if I had a guide to keep me from losing or breaking things.Thanks again - Jason