Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Line, Electronics, Driveline for over 30 years
1609972

Have a 2002 LS just got it back from the auto body shop. got

Customer Question

have a 2002 LS just got it back from the auto body shop. got the driver's side view mirror replaced, it is the one with the memory. the side door panel was scratched by a hit and run driver. drove the car home, parked it on the street. used the remote to lock the car. now both of the remote does not operate. Nothing happens when I press the unlock or lock, truck button release. what happened? If there was a battery drain does it affect the operation of the remote to unlock the doors? never had anything like this happen before, confused! I know the remotes have the Lit-battery and to be replaced, but what is going on with the car? Not responding to the remotes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 month ago.

IF the Battery drops below 11.5 volts, then the Remotes or the Key Pad (if on vehicle) will not operate, as the Receiver & Door Lock Actuators can not function
IF the Vehicle Battery is "Fully Charged" then the Remotes may need reprogramming
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program
apprx 1 hour labor

.

All remote transmitters are programmable and must be set at the same time.
To program (or reprogram) the remote transmitters into the Driver Door Module (DDM) , carry out the following steps:
Connect the New Generation STAR/Service Bay Diagnostic System (diagnostic tool/SBDS) tester. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN.
From diagnostic tool/SBDS: Using the Ford Service Function (FSF) card, select SERVICE BAY FUNCTION.
Select DDM.
Select KEY FOB PROGRAMMING.
Press any button on the remote transmitter.
Select the FOB 1, 2, 3, or 4, and select STORE. It may be necessary to select CANCEL more than once to exit the menu.
Repeat steps five and six for additional transmitters.
Select CANCEL to exit the menu.

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

Please come back & Rate my answer

thanks