Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

Electric temp control and am fm radio change setting on

Customer Question

electric temp control and am fm radio change setting on their own
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: came with car
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 1998
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened tonight planning to do it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the temp control change fan setting and temp and will not hold setting, then th radio start acting up voluum and channels
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are you saying you restart the car and these controls are not where you left them or they are changing on there on while the car is running?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just send
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the temp control starts acting up then radio starts changing channels on its own car hasent been over heating

The only things which could cause this are a faulty radio and EATC module or a concern with the switches in the steering wheel or clock spring if you can control both the HVAC and radio from the steering wheel. Do you have steering controls?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I do have stering
Controls when I shut off. Heater control
Still acts up

Does this issue happen verify often?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
All the time

While running push and pull all over the steering wheel without touching these switches, then steer left and right and tilt the wheel to see if you can make these mess up. If so then its for sure a concern from the steering column and wheel components.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No effect

Since there was no effect then you will need to remove both the radio and EATC and remove those wires from the connectors that go to the steering controls. Then retest down the road to see if this still occurs. If it still occurs then a radio and EATC replacement is needed. If this is something you can do, then i have the steps.