Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Same question, how to diagnose and change hid bulbs in 2010

Customer Question

Hi, same question, how to diagnose and change hid bulbs in 2010 Lincoln MKS. One out and other goes off after about 5 minutes. Turn switch off then on, left side comes back on. Then goes off again.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It just seemed odd that the left light would go on, but then only stay on for a few minutes. Turn switch off then on it would go back on for about three or four minutes. Also the adaptive mechanism didn't seem to be working. I tried it in the driveway. Did not steer . Guess that's why I thought switch. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model.If any codes are set these codes will help diagnose and locate the issue here.I have seen issues with the head lamp control modules cause this issue needing replaced but codes will need checked as well as further electrical testing to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete