Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

2003 Navigator and am having some problems with my controls

Customer Question

2003 Navigator and am having some problems with my controls on my drivers side door. First the keypad on the outside driver door doesn't work at all. It does not light when touching anything. Secondly, my side mirrors only move up and down and to the right. Neither mirror will move left. Thirdly, you have to press very firmly(sometimes several times)to get the doors to lock or unlock. And lastly, my front doom lights work sometimes and sometimes they don't.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The front dome lights by the review mirrors.
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, hopefully I will be fixing it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: As of now that's it.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

We are only permitted to help diagnose and fix one issue per question. On this one which would you like me to help on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Door Ajar won't go off. Tried wd40 and it didn't work

Your year model does not tell you which door does it, just door ajar?

We can figure out which door is to blame with a scan tool or some wire testing at the module with a volt/ohm meter.

Which can you do?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it doesn't show which door it is. And I'm not sure what a scan tool is. So what do you suggest?

A scan tool is what techs use to check and communicate with the vehicles modules. Do you have a volt ohm meter and know how to use it?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris