Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Sorry ...I can not afford to pay for help at the moment...i

Customer Question

sorry ...I can not afford to pay for help at the moment...i am trying to rule out a bad shift interlock unit vs bad GEM module...problems do not make sense as certain things that are not out should be and i am getting a 2-3 airbag code...so i am researching a bit thanks
JA: The Lincoln Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: i know... I would not expect it for free...Thanks anyway
JA: Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes....I am pretty familiar with vehicles and if this were a situation where water got to the GEM module then 10 days later it would have dried...so there is something else going on as it is not blowing fuses...i am getting ready to yank out the GEM and look for corrosion
JA: What is the model of your '10 Lincoln?
Customer: 2002 Navigator 4wd
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes...I check all circuits and power is presnt at the fuse box ( if i pull a fuse and measure ) but what is weird is that the cluster works, the compass works..but no windows..shifter stuck in park,,no stereo, and the airbag light is giving me a 2-3 code...makes no sense as my cluster should be out to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am not ready tro connect just yet...
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I sem to have lost all of the screens as soon as i padi..so i am unable to ask/answer questions,,,this has happened in the past and it was always a blown fuse at position 6...also when i hit the brakes hard ( when some old idiot cuts me off ) the stereo would drop out for a moment..also the drivers side window could cause the stereo to drop out..anyway I did was the truck 3 weeks ago and about 4 days later the problem started,,but like I said there are things that should be out that are working and some that are not working that are not part of the same circuit...is it possible the brake - shift unit could be causing it ?..I have break lights
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry..my keyboard drops letters..i washed the Navabout 3 weeks ago and a few days later the problems started..this is the Year and model that has the windshield leak problem...anyway it has not been exposed to any water in over 2 weeks so if the GEM were wet it should be dry by now as it is also very warm in this part of Calif...makes no sense as no fuses blew at all..i am going to remove the stero next and i wonder if this might be one of the safety switches..the shifter also constantly has the 2 screws loosen so bad the shifter wobbles all over and i have evn had the screws fall onto my fee while driving...all of this started a year ago..up until then it was fine..time to threadlock those screws next
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

You wrote "sorry ...I can not afford to pay for help at the moment."

This is a pay site. A tech will not be able to assist you if they are not going to be compensated for there time. I will forward your account to customer service.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't they advise you ?..I have NO idea why that lady Pearl included that line..that was when i first answered her..
DId you NOT read it...I paid...i told the lady I could not pay a lot!!...but $22 was fine...here is Proof I paid hours ago..Hello Richard Vartanian,You sent a payment of $22.00 USD to JustAnswer
(*****@******.***)It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
JustAnswer***@******.***(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How is it no one told you my payment was made...what REALLY bothers me is that Pearl person seems to not be
paying any attention to our conversation...when i said i could not pay a lot she just kept rattling off questions then sent me right to the pay page...so I went back and asked her why she did that but she was already gone..so i sent another note saying $$22 was fine

Pearl is a computer, not a person.

So your all set and ready to go now.

We are only allowed to help diagnose and fix one concern per post. On this post are you wanting my help with the shift lock?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never mind...i pulled the fuse box and found the problem...please refund my fee...Thanks anyway
I answered questions "pearl" asked and tried to paint a picture of the problem, I know how to get
past the shifter stuck issue...my question was about the Gem box. I was looking fir a second opinion
before i pulled everything.