Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

My lincoln ls 2001 passenger door wont open from inside or

Customer Question

Hi my lincoln ls 2001 passenger door wont open from inside or out and wnt to change the door actulator or latch
JA: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes trying to fix myself took off screws from botom of panel only
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes want to know how to replace door aculator when I cant get the panel off
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. these newr cars are very hard to open in that condition because they put a shield over the latch mechanism for theft control.if it won't open electrically or manually I suspect a control rod connecrtor has come loose or fallen out of it's clip. The only thing I can suggest is to make up a hook withd a small hook end to try and move the latch .You'll need a good light and someone to hold it for you, a wedge of wood as not to scratch any thing to open up the area where th widow is at the latch area so you can hopefully see enough to hook the linkage to release the latch.if that don't work you may have to call the auto club, they have special tools to do this that don't scratch the vehicle.Hope this helps you out and good luck.