Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 1999 continental, replaced control unit on dash but

Customer Question

I have a 1999 continental, replaced control unit on dash but it still won't get hot(cold air o.k.) any ideals on what to replace next?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

If you place your hand on both heater hoses out at the firewall with the engine running and warmed up are both heater hoses nice and hot?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i'll get out to the car and get right back
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Yes please do and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the hose going from the front of the engine is hot but the house going to the back of the engine is luke warm(toward the battery side)
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Okay then that is why the heater is not producing any heat, you either have trapped air in the cooling system due to low coolant level or the heater core is restricted. If you have good flow through the core, both hose would be to hot to hold.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I put compressed air blown through the heater coil(those hoses out of the firewall) and it still won't get hot or even warm
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Are both hose now getting nice and hot with the engine running and the heater on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
both hose are hot
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Okay if both hose are nice and hot then you now have good flow through the heater core. The next step we need to do is to run the self test on the control panels to see if the blend door actuator is working. See the steps to do this in the link below , run the test and let me know the results.

• To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed