Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I have a 2007 lincoln town car I think have overheating

Customer Question

I have a 2007 lincoln town car I think have
overheating problems when I turn on AC Idling is up and down Is this problem is part of overheating problems ? also when car engine get hot coolant comes out from the cap.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 1 month ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I can help. Coolant should never come out from the cap. Sounds like you have a bad radiator cap. I have found in my experience that the radiator cap is one of the most commonly failed parts of the cooling system. A lot of mechanics overlook this very important part. A radiator cap actually helps reduce cooling system temperatures below the boiling point. If a cap is failing, it can no longer maintain pressure and the coolant begins to boil.

Expert:  David Gieswein replied 28 days ago.

Opted out due to no response from customer

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 28 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The idle speed going up and down is not an overheating sign. Loss of coolant is though. The primary thing to check for AC use overheating would be the cooling fan. Can you verify it is running during this scenario?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris