Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

2000ls3.9 only1code p0174,reset after10mi.code returned.

Customer Question

2000ls3.9 only1code p0174,reset after10mi.code returned. Rough idle, poor accel,stumble new premium gas,new air filter,new fuel pump.can't find any vacuum leaks. Can I pull elec. On cop's for miss on #2 bank? Thanks, Rich.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

How did you test for the vacuum leak?

Is there a misfire?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
carb cleaner & starter fluid spray. only 1 code p0174,sure feels like like a miss on at least 1 cylinder. for background experience, own & worked on 4cars,3/4 pickup,4 boats & 2 motorcycles. internet full with combined codes,71&74. I tried to eliminate,common cause. seems to be a miss or leak on bank #2. I was hoping you knew of this problem? trying to be obtimistic. Rich.

I have dealt with thousands of lean codes. There are way to many common causes for me to say fix X and this will be good to go. Your lean code is for bank 2, cylinders 5678 on the drivers side of the engine. Next we need to see if there is an exhaust manifold leak. Then we need to do a power balance test to see if any of those cylinders are producing less power than the others. Then an injector flow test is needed to see if an injector is not spraying enough fuel to result in complete combustion.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris