john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified imac cerified

Evening!? Have 2010 Lincoln MKS, 99k 3.7 liter AWD. Car

Customer Question

Evening!? Have 2010 Lincoln MKS, 99k 3.7 liter AWD. Car threw the service light today and began to surge and cutting off. Almost dieing at times. Any service bullitins or known issues. Car has all new plugs and coils. Has been running great for 15 k since that repair. I need to check the coils but think it might be fuel delivery issue?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Lincoln Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Noting yet, tomorrow I will begin
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 month ago.

can you get the code pulled?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can tomorrow. Just was trying to get incite and experience on previous issues

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes

if you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cool I will accomplish this tomorrow. Thx a bunch

no problem ill leave the question open for future responses...hope you can rate my service 5 star

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
reach back out tomorrow while reviewing. Thx