Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

The remote did a weird click and now the doors won't unlock,

Customer Question

The remote did a weird click and now the doors won't unlock, the lift gate won't open, and the stereo will not turn off. Nothing happens when I manually click the open / close button inside the car
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No not yet
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2004 navigator
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just researching what it could be, I will take it to an authorized dealer to inspect, I know nothing about the mechanics of the car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The headlamps would not turn on automatically either thank you
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The dorrs will not unlock from the remote fob nor from the power door lock switch?

Do the courtesy lamps and door ajar warning operate correct when the doors are opened and closed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yes that is correct,
Yes the courtesy lights work
I'm not sure about door ajar warning, the message center says eveything is good.
The doors are completely locked I can't open or disable the locks.

None of the doors will open from the inside?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they will if I manually lift the lock.
Normally all these work at the same time the power is out of the power locks usually I can unlock my door, or all doors, our the upper latch in the back, or the storage area.

Thanks,

I know you said your not going to do the diag and repair. So I do not know how much detail you want me to go into. This failure is most likely to blame on a faulty VSM vehicle security module.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris