Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

It's overheating code p1299, Yes, 2002, Nothing and yes,

Customer Question

It's overheating code p1299
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing and yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just trying to figure out what it could be
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

May I have the model and engine size of this vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Come on
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can I get the vin#?

Its possible the fan is faulty, the thermostat is stuck, or there is a headgasket failure.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is the engine cylinder sensor located in a 2002 Lincoln LS

I can answer that but I need to know if you have the 6 or 8 cylinder?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
V8

The CHT sensor is mounted to the inboard side of the drivers cylinder head under the intake ports. You access it by removing the intake manifold.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you have a diagram or anything A picture of how to do it and what does it look like the manifold

Your wanting a picture of the CHT sensor?