Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2010 Lincoln MKT, the headlamps occasionally go out

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Lincoln MKT, the headlamps occasionally go out while driving but will come on again after it is parked for a few minutes. The problem is intermittent. Is this because both the left and right fuse relays have failed at the same time?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Are the headlights out on auto and manual mode?

Are both the low and high beams left and right out?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Both low and high and left and right go out. The lights go out when on auto or manual.

Thanks,

Since it effected all the headlights then this is going to be a failure within the SJB smart junction box. The SJB is the fuse box and body module inside the vehicle. This module requires programming when replaced.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris