Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My power rear sunshade motor is causing a banging sound when

Customer Question

Hello, my power rear sunshade motor is causing a banging sound when put in reverse, how can I stop that
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It is coming from the trunk area near the actual shade and its been approximately 2 months
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2011 MKS
JA: Are you fixing your MKS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: one locate a fuse two locate some kind of harness to disconnec
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it, just need to stop that loud knocking sound
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When the shade is moving is it continuous or jerky?

When feeling around in the rear can you tell where the noise is coming from exactly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO the shade works up and down properly. The noise is coming from somewhere in the trunk area and it vibrates slightly. The worst thing is the loud knocking sound 32x when sometimes put in reverse.

This is going to be the shade motor or the linkage it moves to blame for this concern. I have attached some links to help if you plan to address this yourself.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/sunshade.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/sunshade1.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris