HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician

My new (now 15K) MKX seems to have a shift problem. Start a

Customer Question

My new (now 15K) MKX seems to have a shift problem. Start a slow and smooth acceleration, then take foot off the gas and the car kicks you in the butt as it shifts. Not a nice thing for a new car to do! Any thoughts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Yes, can you post the 17 digit VIN number, I may have a solution based on the build date for the vehicle

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Ok, there is no specific technical service bulletin to perform a reflash for this type of concern. But it looks like there is a known larger issue with the transmission as mentioned below. This may be the start of this failure I mention below. It is under warranty since it is brand new, so no matter what you are making a visit to the dealer. Main thing for them is to be able to duplicate the concern to go about making a repair while performing a road test. So you will probably want to drive with the service advisor or transmission tech to show them how to make the concern occur.

45713 2015-2016 Vehicles Equipped With 6F50/6F55 Transmission - No Reverse/3rd/5th Gear - Various DTCs - Built On 11/02/2015 And Through 02/01/2016
Some 2015-2016 vehicles equipped With 6F50/6F55 transmission and built between 11/02/2015 and 02/01/2016 may exhibit no reverse, 3rd and 5th gear along with Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) P0715, P0717, P0756 and P2701. This condition may be caused by incorrect machining of the direct clutch cylinder/tone wheel (7F283)resulting in the snap ring out of position. If the direct clutch hub (7G384) isfound to be damaged, also replace the following: direct clutch return spring 7F235, direct clutch cylinder/tone ring 7F283, direct clutch snap ring 7C122, TSS sensor 7M101 and seal kit 7153 and filter in the kit. Completely disassemble andclean the transmission to remove metal particles including the main control follow Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01. Claim applicable labor operations in section 7 of Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) manual.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 03/23/2016-->

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just following up with your concern? Did you have it checked out at the dealer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
visiting the dealership tomorrow. Thanks Jay
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 month ago.

Very good, give me an update when you can.