Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I have a Lincoln towncar battery went dead for about

Customer Question

i have a Lincoln towncar battery went dead for about a week before I was able to install a new one since that time my keyless remote fab wouldn't work so I replaced the button type battery in the fab it still wouldn't work I purchased a new wireless key fab that wouldn't work also I checked the keyless entry pad on the drivers door panel that worked no problem with that working I was told that it was my reley module had gone bad but when I went to program the key fab it started to program when the doors lock that's all it would do then its like it wont continue to program itself the doors stay locked it vary confused then I check the fabs 2 of them they don't work what could it be. is it my relay module I also noticed there are many different relay modules for ford Lincoln 2003 models exactly were is the location for my car its a ford Lincoln signature town car 4.6liter v8 fuel injection
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

So when you try to program the fobs using this procedure

Do the door locks cycle after the fob button is pressed or after you turn the key off?

The module that would be faulty is the drivers door module DDM which is inside the drivers door. There is no such part called relay module on this vehicle.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris