Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

Car keeps stalling out when started unless i keep my foot on

Customer Question

car keeps stalling out when started unless i keep my foot on the gas pedal.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: engine light came on and it stalls in the idle position.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2000 Lincoln town car
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is the check engine light on while running? I know you mentioned it came on but I could not tell if that was after it stalled. If it is on while running then there are codes stored that may help diagnose this and or other issues. Most parts stores will scan for free and with those codes I can help more.

Normally a stalling issue on this model can be resolved by cleaning the MAF sensor and throttle body and replace the idle air control valve on the throttle body.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris