Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Bought rebuilt computer and locksmit to h cannot get pass

Customer Question

bought rebuilt computer and locksmit to h cannot get pass alarm
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took to repair shop they said needed computer an relaywhich
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i replaced then locksmith could not get pass alarm. $700.00 later. as crazy as it sounds was working fine till replaced wiper motor i really just do not know
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

What are the vehicle symptoms now?

What model vehicle is this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
engine turns over will not crank. town car ls

Thanks,

With the key in the run position is the theft light on, flashing slow, or flashing rapid, or off?

With the key in the run position is the check engine light on or off and while cranking is this light or off?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
off and off. sorry for taking so long medical test run
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Thanks,

With the key on you should of seen the theft light off and the check engine light on. You said your results were off and off. That means this is not a theft system issue and the PCM is not powering up. So the next steps are going to be a scan to see if the tool will link up and to see if there are U codes. Next will be to check all the input power and ground wires to the PCM. If you can do this I can help.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris