Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech

Is it possible to bypass a rear speed sensor on a 2001

Customer Question

Is it possible to bypass a rear speed sensor on a 2001 Lincoln I cannot find a part I am not a mechanic my mechanic is good but does not know the answer. If there isn't a good way do I still need to pay the $22 only reason I asked because that bar at invested junkyard money into something that won't work. What is happening after we put on rotors and new brake pads the driver side speed sensor look to be damaged, therefore when I put on the brakes I get this pulsing sensation as if I were on ice not trying to be cheap but frustrated why the part is so hard to get I don't know thank you for your time and I will except whatever answer you give
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

Hello Tony, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The speed sensor Can Not be bypassed , has the system been scanned to see what fault codes the ABS system is setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not sure I will check with the mechanic
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

Please do so we can verify if in fact the speed sensor is the cause.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it possible to give me time to talk to the mechanic I will try to call him and if necessary I will drive out to see what is your timeframe I am not trying to get out of pain but I don't know the answer at this point
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for the typo I am not trying to get out of paying you
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

You can take as much time as you need and post back when you ready. I will respond as soon as I can. Im here everyday but take a few hours off on Sunday morning. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I will get on this right away
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In the meantime can you make a suggestion on the best place to find this part
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately due to the age its no longer available from Ford as you have found out. That being said, it is still available after market. See the link below. You may also likely find one from your local part store or they can likely order one for you.