Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My 2012 Mkz hybrid just showed an advance trak brakes

Customer Question

My 2012 Mkz hybrid just showed an advance trak brakes warning. My brakes are practically non functional...please help
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool for your model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

I did a quick search on this and no service bulletins come up for this fault here.

This can be an issue with one of the wheel speed sensors as these can be common to fail needing replaced.Once the codes are read out this will make it easier to diagnose and repair.In some cases the technician will have to drive the vehicle to monitor the wheel speed sensor data signals on the scan tool to verify which is the cause needing replaced.It may be another sensor or component at fault as well but wheel speed sensors are most common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete