A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

2003 lincoln navigator driver side front window does not

Customer Question

2003 lincoln navigator driver side front window does not work i have power and ground
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 6 months ago.

Hello. If you have verified that the motor is getting power then the motor is bad and should be replaced. Did you need a procedure for this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thats what i thought and no after replacing the motor the window dont work

Does it do anything at all? Or is it totally dead? After you install the motor, you need to perform an re initialization. I have attached that procedure

PROCEDURE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is dead does nothing up or down... i check all the connections and noticed that if i give power to the pink wire the window will work but only opens up about 6inches and i can also close it.. thats how i know the motor works but i have to give power to the pink wire

That wire comes from the accessory delay relay. Try swapping that relay with another similar relay in the central junction box and see if the problem resolves. As far as it only opening a few inches, that will have to be resolved by the initialization procedure.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i swapped the relays no luck whats should the pink wire have?

you swapped the accessory delay relay?

top row of the large relays. center relay

passenger kick panel

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thats the one i swapped

Here's a diagram of the connector. Use a test light or a logic probe and make sure that everything is good at all the terminals.

CONNECTOR VIEW

check pin 7

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thats power at all times thats the one i used to jump the pink wire and make the motor work

when you toggle up, does pin 3 get power?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

and down gives 4 power?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
why its that when i give power to pink wire i can work the window

im wondering if you have a broken wire in the boot between your door and the door jam. while holding the window switch, try to squeeze and move around that boot to see if you suddenly get window activity

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but does the wire must have power right and when ?

I would have to open the wiring schematics to figure out in depth what that pink wire does and I had to leave to bring my son to scouts so I don't have access to them for the night. That wire provides power to the window after the ignition is turned off for a short time, or until you open the door. It's the accessory delay. If that wire does not have power, and you have swapped the relay with another one then I'm sure the relay itself isn't the problem. Most likely a break in the wire or a bad connection. It could also be a fault in the switch.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but if it was the switch it will not work when i give power to the pink wire and move the switch up and down

without access to the schematics I am unable to say for sure but the pink wire should have power from the accessory delay relay. Did you try to move the boot between the door and door jam around to see if the window momentarily works?

I don't think it's the switch. I think that wire is losing connection somewhere between the relay and the connector at the motor

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont see anything but to be honest i discovered alot of water next to the seat where all the wires are i open then and dont see any broken wires please give me intouch to where i can check for power after relay to see where is loosing it

You could check to see if the relay has power at pin 87

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i will but i think it does i checked but going to check again
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have power

Ok. somewhere between there and your window motor is a loss of power. usually in that rubber boot.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you mean in between the door?

correct. It's not uncommon at all to find broken wires there. If you can, try and access that wire under the dash before entering the boot and see if there's power at that point. We already know that it doesn't have it inside the door.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok

How did it go?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no luck still not working

Ok. If that's not the problem then I'm at a loss. I'll open this up in case one of the other techs has an idea of what could be the issue.

Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.

Have you checked fuse #22 in the dash fuse box and make sure it has power with the key turned on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any other ideas?

Is there power on fuse #22?