Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

HOW TO CHANGE BACK TAILIGHTS ON 2005 LINCOLN AVIATOR

Customer Question

Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you are trying to replace the tail light assemblies on this model here if you look at the diagram below you will see the back side of the tail light assemblies.There are two screws sticking out that need removed.These are accessed either pulling back the weather strip at the end gate/hatch area and accessing the screws or screw holes and in some cases the interior body paneling has to be removed to access the screws at the very rear of this model.Once these are removed you see the two cogs towards the front of the tail lights,these snap into holes in the body.You would remove the screws then pull out on the tail light to replace it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jcqm9ystc1o1r6/av-08-10.jpg?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete