HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician

I have a 2008 Lincoln mkz with a parasitic battery drain. I

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Lincoln mkz with a parasitic battery drain. I have isolated the problem to fuze 13 and 18. Any idea about next step?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Yes 12.9v removed neg clamp and put amp meter between bat terminal and bat clamp. Noted significant drops with these fuzes pulled
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix myself. See above descriptions about my steps
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: fully charged battery now
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Hello are these fuses in the underhood or interior fuse panel?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Under the dash
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Ok, basically you have to disconnect the items on the affected fuses with the fuse plugged in to see what causes the amperage draw to drop with the fuse plugged in, one at a time. This will tell what item is causing the draw. The two fuses operate different items. The audio control module is more than likely the source of the draw, but you wont be sure until you disconnect each item on the two fuse circuits as listed in this attachment

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not know where the audio control module is or what it looks like. I also do not know of any other items on these circuits. I have no wiring diagrams or shop manual. Could you provide me with some information on this?
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

The audio control module is the stereo, Id start with that first and see if the draw drops, this is the mostt common cause for a draw on most ford/lincolln products

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is the best way to access this to disconnect
Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

You need to pop off the trim panel around the radio and unbolt the radio to unplug it.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Removal procedure. CLick on attachment to enlarge

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

If you need more help or information, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.

Expert:  HDGene replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?