Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I have trouble with 1996 8 air ride stoping while driving

Customer Question

I have trouble with 1996 mark 8 air ride stoping while driving car. I turn off ignition and restart. The car then pumps up. Car does this on nearly every drive from home. Usually goes 10 mile or more , then message come on and air ride is non operational Restart makes it pump up . Some say I can check air bags with soapy spray. I have worked with the Kalamykid in the past and am pleased I found you this time. I will leave a tip and excel rating. No other experts accepted.Kalamykid only for this question

Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

Hello Bill, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

You can check the air bags for leaks by using soapy water and looking for any bubbles, that being said when the service air bag light comes on the computer system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to get some idea of what is failing you need to start first with scanning the suspension system and retrieving the fault code and or codes. Are you able to do this? The expert you have requested is not here, if you would like to see if he shows up Ill open the post back up for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

management has been called

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Kindly opt-out of the question. I am waiting for Expert Kalmykid to answer my question. Thank you.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 months ago.

Sure thing. Good luck with this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** required

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The expert you asked for is no longer around. Would you like me to help with this possible faulty height sensor issue?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

In what sense is he"no longer around"

He is no longer here as active as he used to be. He only helps a handful of customers a day. Since you requested him, he would have helped had he wanted to. I can help you or I can opt out and let you keep waiting if you would like.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ok, I am unlimited . Still interested?

Are you wanting me to help or do you want me to opt out so you can wait for the tech you requested. I can not tell from your last response?