Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2009 Lincoln MKZ. Can the PTU unit be removed in

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Lincoln MKZ. Can the PTU unit be removed in the car? I have a leak in the PTU unit dripping on the headers/ exhaust.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Yes the PTU can be removed from the car. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/PTU%20Aug%206.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've read that I can replace the differential oil as the original turned to sludge. I am hoping to replace the oil without complete disassembly. I am not having any seal leakage, but probably from the vent tube. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Yes you will want to replace the oil , the sludge worries me a bit, hopefully there was no bearing damage.