HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have a 2006 lincoln navigator ls. the mechanic replaced,

Customer Question

I have a 2006 lincoln navigator ls. the mechanic replaced, fuel pump, coils, spark plugs, crank sensor? and the truck cannot star unless key is cycle 5 times.. he claims is electrical
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: i have to check with the mechanic on this
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, I will be picking the truck tomorrow and work on it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes that will help, since he is not convincing me that he replaced the old pump for a new one and claims the new one is not good.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

Hello, yes thats the first thing to verify, if when you cycle the key to on, how much fuel pressure is at the rail. It could be an issue with a defective fuel pump depending on what kind he installed. Are there any codes stored?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not know...but fuel pressure is showing on dash board but it cannot start..mechanics is sending me to an auto electrician
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will ask him for the codes and whatever he did...so far I have spent $2,300.00 to no avail. He has not solved the problem, now he is sugesting for me to trade the truck for another one.
Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

SHowing on the dahsboard? There is no fuel pressure gauge on the dash, a fuel level gauge is in the dash. You have to verify fuel pressure at the rail, if it is low, this would explain why you have to cycle the key multiple times to get it to build up pressure. A diagnostic check for codes will help detail if any issues are with the fuel pump or circuit.

Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

Wow! Thats crazy. If you give me some more information as to the codes stored if any and what type of fuel pressure you have at the rail that will help. Also if he can tell you if he replaced the complete fuel pump assembly with a new sender on the carriage it sits in or if he disassembled the old pump and just changed the pump itself

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will get back to you tomorrow with codes and the rest....I wonder if he is just blowing smoke....
Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

Thats what it sounds like. Let me know when you can.

Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

If you need more help with this concern, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.

Expert:  HDGene replied 10 months ago.

Hello, please dont forget to rate the question. It remains open until it is rated.