Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My 2015 Lincoln has rolled backwards twice after being

Customer Question

My 2015 Lincoln has rolled backwards twice after being shifted into park. The first time I thought my husband was at fault but the second time the car was being driven by my son-in-law. Have you heard of this before?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: No leaking...the car is a 2015...lightly driven.
JA: What is the model of your '15 Lincoln?
Customer: Oh dear...MKX..the one right under the Navigator in size.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Absolutely not going to try to fix ourselves...this just happened in the last week.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No other problems.....anyone heard of this happening to Lincoln's before?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The shift linkage out of adjustment would be the primary thing to check. Next would be the linkage in the transaxle between the valve body manual valve and the parking pawl to see if its damaged and not applying enough force of the pawl to the output shaft toothed wheel.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris