Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lincoln Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lincoln Diagnostics

A/C Hot air blowing from passenger side vents. Cold from

Customer Question

A/C Hot air blowing from passenger side vents. Cold from driver side.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: No. I guess I'll do that first.... or ask my husband to!
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2013 MKX
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything really.... just wondered if there were things I could check before I contact the dealer.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really. I tried turning the engine off and then on again hoping there was some computerized thing that needed to be reset. Fiddled with temps but nothing worked.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning! I'm Ron Z and I will be assisting you today!

When the air output temp is only correct on one side of the dash, this is most commonly due to a faulty Air Temp Actuator or a problem with the Temp Door internal of the HVAC housing. The passenger's side Actuator is located behind the glove compartment, mounted to the HVAC housing. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the linkage for any broken or misaligned parts. If the visual inspection checks ok, disconnect the linkage and move it by hand. The air temp output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC housing. It will need to be removed, opened and repaired as needed. If the visual inspections check ok, replace the Actuator. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

If there are any other questions you have on this issue or would like an estimate for repair... please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you get this problem solved? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.