EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

Lincoln 2011 MKX with adaptive headlights - the drive side

Customer Question

Lincoln 2011 MKX with adaptive headlights - the drive side light goes out after a few moments of drivin gand I have to turn them off and on again for them to work. Repeating often on long night drives. Is this an external balast issue and can it be replaced without buying the entire housing and light system.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. The ballast is integrated into the headlamp assembly and only replaced as a unit. On your adaptive headlamps the driver side headlamp has the control module that talks with other modules and controls the passenger side headlamp. Because of that I think the drivers side costs more.