Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lincoln Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lincoln Diagnostics

I have a 2013 Lincoln MKX with 113K miles on it. I purchased

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Lincoln MKX with 113K miles on it. I purchased it new in 2013 & drive a LOT as a real estate agent (hence the high mileage). I have had many issues with the vehicle since crossing over the 100K milestone....but the newest one has me more worried than ever. This morning.....out of the blue.....the A/C on the left (driver's) side of the car stopped working. It only blew HOT air.......and the A/C on the right side of the car was working like a champ. What could be causing this?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

When the temp output is only correct on one side of the dash, this will be due to a faulty Blend Door Actuator, Actuator Linkage or a door internal of the HVAC housing. More commonly, the actuator or linkage. The driver's side actuator is located behind the center/driver's side of the dash (just above and to the right of the accelerator pedal). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the linkage for any broken, misaligned or disconnected parts. If these check ok, remove the actuator and move the linakge by hand. The temp should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC housing. It will need to be removed and repaired as needed. If everything checks ok, replace the actuator. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

If there were any other questions you had on this issue, or you'd like an estimate for cost of repair... please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!