A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I have a 2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. 161,000 miles. To date

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. 161,000 miles. To date have replaced one motor mount, other than oil & wiper blades. All was fine, yesterday.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Oops, This morning I went to start it. No starting sounds. A/C came on. The turn signal lights came on, remained steady, no blinking. All idiot lights came on, also. The dash screen that is the fuel gauge, etc. remained dark.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, would like to do it myself. Nothing, needed to be at an appointment. used another car. haven't been back, yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car did unlock with the remote. interior lights did come on. that's all that I noticed.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

I did not see where you have ever had the engine battery replaced or tested.

Have the engine battery tested and inspected. If it is low in voltage or internally shorted, you will have the same problem. Even though it is a hybrid, it needs both batteries to properly operate electrically.