Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I have a 04 Lincoln LS that makes a noise similar to the

Customer Question

I have a 04 Lincoln LS that makes a noise similar to the enguine being revved up when im driving it but when I crank the car up or leave it in park it doesnt make that noise. As soon as I hit the gas the noise starts. What could it be?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The noise is constant. Even if im not touching the gas pedal. But doesnt make the noise when I start the car. Or when it is in park. Im looking at buying this car and the guy said its the wheel bearings. I just dont want to get screwed out of my money. Its a 04 lincoln ls with less than 100k miles.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Does the noise occur in neutral?

Does the noise get worse or change with speed or swerving?

While driving if you shift to neutral, shut the car off then immediately turn the key back to the run position so the steering does not lock, is the noise there while coasting with the engine off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The noise continues while its in neutral

Thanks for answering the first of the 3 questions. Can you comment on the other 2?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The noise starts when it gets to 30mph. Stays constant til it slows down. Noise is not there while enguine is coasting in neutral.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Noise is just when its running and hits 30mph

Does the noise come and go when swerving?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It gets lighter when swerving.

Thanks, ***** ***** does fit that of a wheel bearing failing. You also need to check all the tires tread wear to see if there are alignment issues causing the tire to scrub the pavement rather than roll across it which can also cause a noise that is effected by swerving.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris