Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I just had the fans replaced and then the radiator 2 weeks

Customer Question

I just had the fans replaced and then the radiator 2 weeks ago. Low coolant light came on, but when I stopped the car it went off, then stayed off. i drove 30 miles and stayed on normal and did not get hot.
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: no, the mechanic just replaced the fans and the radiator
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 1999 lincoln continental
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to have the levels checked, and they said it might be an air bubble, they hit the top of the coolant fluid with a large wrench to reset the sensor. I am having some electrical issues, where the dash will flash?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i did have the water pump replaced last year
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like either your coolant is a little low or the coolant level sensor has failed. So I'd start by adding coolant and if that doesn't help replace the coolant level sensor located on bottom of coolant reservoir. This is about a $100 repair to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.