Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Line, Electronics, Driveline for over 30 years

What to do if car alarm keeps going off randomly?

Customer Question

My car is a 2004 Lincoln Aviator. The car alarm started going off for no reason randomly about 2 weeks ago, today it has gone off at least 10 times. I can get it to stop instantly by hitting the remote. I am hoping to fix it. I tried taking the battery out of the remote, but it went off again while the battery was out with the remote opened. I also tried spraying wd40.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 3 months ago.
Spraying what with wd40?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the door latch

You need to spray each & every Switch at ALL Door Latches on the side of the Door, Rear Gate Latch & Hood Latch
Open & close numerous times, while spraying more lubricant into latches on open
Many times it takes a lot of lubricant & open & closing of the Doors, Hatch & Hood to free up the switch.
IF the above does NOT help, you need to have the System Tested via Dealer Scan Tool
apprx 1 hour labor
Locate the DARK GREEN/VIOLET (-) wire at the Central Safety Module, behind rear seat, 14 PIN Gray Connector
Ground the DARK GREEN/VIOLET (-) wire, this will DisArm the Factory Alarm until the Ground is removed