Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Ihit the max a/c button and nothing happens on my 99

Customer Question

Ihit the max a/c button and nothing happens on my 99 towncar.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: yes & yes.
JA: What year is your Town Car?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes want to fix myself. Haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Seeing it doesn't do anything when I hit the switch, could it be the switch? How do I check it?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

You need to check the ac compressor fuse and the relay. You need to verify you are getting voltage at the wire on the ac compressor with the key on. You could be low on freon due to a leak, this would prevent the compressor from turning. You could also have a bad low pressure switch, this would also prevent compressor operation. You need a set a ac manifold gauges to diagnose, and a multimeter for testing voltage.

Please reply to this if you need more help, then we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan