Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

L have a 2010 mkz, the drivers side rear signal light does

Customer Question

Hi, l have a 2010 mkz, the drivers side rear signal light does not work, when I signal left the dash light flashes rapidly (like a bulb is burt out). I have replaced the bulb, no change. I removed the whole light assembly and found that the ground and hot wire had been compressed to the point of both wires insulation were broken and had shorted together. I cut out, replaced the wire (soldered, diaelectric grease and heat shrink). Now there is still no power to the bulb, and the signal light still flashes as if the bulb is burnt out. I am looking for a fuse (that protects that circuit) with no results. Any help is appreciated.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Tom replied 6 months ago.

OK the fuse definitely shorted out and possibly the control unit let me try to post the fuse location for you .