Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Senior Master
9600325

How do I get fail safe mode back to normal on 2012 mks

Customer Question

Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

If the fault is no longer present then cycling the key should clear the failsafe. If failsafe returns after cycling the key then the fault is present and will need to be corrected to clear the failsafe. There are several types of failsafe, throttle control, transmission, engine overtemp..... at that point I would need the codes retrieved to see which system is causing the failsafe.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is a push button start. No keys.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It got hot and shut down because fan didn't come on pulling steep hill. Got fan working! Will this go back to normal after it cools down
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

It should, if it does not then disconnect battery and touch cables together for 5 seconds.

Cycling button on and off same as cycling key on and off.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z