Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 yrs. of experience with all makes and models. Also factory training on other models.

1999 Lincoln Town Car, while idelling in traffic the AC

Customer Question

1999 Lincoln Town Car, while idelling in traffic the AC started acting up , it would stop and start again. then stopped completely until I reached destination. turned engine off . when I came back to the car ii started and ac worked.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

This usually indicates either both cooling fans aren't working as they should, or there is to much dirt in the cooling fins of the radiator and the a/c condenser. This will slow the air flow down and on really hot days cause the freon to get hotter then usual. This will cause high pressure and then turn the compressor off. Once it cooled down it was probably fine. I would check and make sure that both cooling fans are working and if they are, take a garden hose and try to get in there and clean out the cooling fins.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!