Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

My 2006 continental computer-controlled self-levelling air

Customer Question

my 2006 continental computer-controlled self-levelling air suspension at front is faulty, what could be wrong and what does it entail and how much to repair ?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bentley, as per input, Not Lincoln
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like the air shocks are leaking in the front. You will need to replace the shocks to correct the problem. Over time the rubber becomes cracked and dry rotted. You can use soap and water to spray down the shock and watch for bubbles indicating a leak.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As originally mentioned this is for a 2006 Bentley ( Not Lincoln ) continental computer-controlled self-levelling air suspension at front is faulty, what could be wrong and what does it entail and how much to repair ?If the same applies to a Bentley as a Lincoln, that's ok but the rest to my question " and how much to repair ? "
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

I know it is a Bentley but same applies to Bentley as Lincoln. Uses the same principals for air suspension. Your shocks are around $800 to 1200 each plus labor to install.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Dan. As that's an awful amount of money is there any alternative, can the rubbers not simply be replaced or anything else ?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Yes it is, the rubbers are built into the shock assembly and are not serviceable on their own.