rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I am showing multiple codes transmission. the common wire

Customer Question

I am showing multiple codes for the transmission. the common wire connection is the white and violet wire shown in the wire diagram. I between the firewall on the pcm connecter to the battery box. Where is the like bad connection?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: po 1760 and many others. code comes right bac
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 1999 lincoln navagator
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a manager in a trans shop and need to fix it myseal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

If the power feed is good, then check your grounds, also check them at pins 4 and 5 at the computer connector. Use a scan tool in bidirectional mode to operate the shift solenoids to.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am using identafix. the common wire from the transmission to the pcm is a white and violet. Identafix says that this a coomn problem and the wire harness needs replaced or repaired.based on the wire diagram. there is a connection where the solenoids connect to a common wire and go to the battery bax. The pcm relay is in the box. Which relay is it/
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks, Ron