rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS with the 3.9L V8 Engine. Car

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2000 Lincoln LS with the 3.9L V8 Engine. Car stalled all of a sudden and won't start. I scanned the car and received following codes: P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0307 = cylinder 1,2,3,4,7 misfire and P1121 = throttle position sensor A inconsistent with MAF sensor. Could you please help diagnose the situation? Thank you!
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: No first time. Never happened previously.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced all 4 spark plugs on passenger side of engine. Replaced throttle position sensor. That's it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When trying to start car, engine just turns over and will not catch/start.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

With all those misfire codes, I would check the CRANK sensor with a scope including the TPS and MAF. The scope won't lie to you.

thanks, Ron