Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I lock my keys inside how do I unlock the car wit the pad,

Customer Question

I lock my keys inside how do I unlock the car wit the pad
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: Don't know the miles and this is the first time
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: Lincoln ls v8 2004 4 door
JA: What year is your Ls?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes to fix it myself with the lock pad Just asking people do they have a slim Jim to try and open
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No will I have to pay is a mechanic comes out or how can I get the 5 digit COde to open
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I'm ready now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The only way to get the key pad code is with access inside the vehicle. Ford does not keep them on file for new or old cars. As soon as it roles off the assembly line, the number is ***** stored anywhere on Ford. What a locksmith will do is try to gain access from inside the door to the lock or they will use a air bag bladder spreader at the top rear corner of the drivers door to get a 3/4 inch gap so they can get a rod into the car to press the lock switch. You can try this later method at home using kitchen tools like a wooden spoon and spatula to get a gap and not mess up the paint then a coat hanger.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris