Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

I have a 2004 Aviator and the air flow from all ducts is

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Aviator and the air flow from all ducts is poor regardless if it's calling for heat, defrost or a/c. You had responded to a similar question a few years ago. So i removed the glove box and behind it there is white padding insulation. I don't see any access panel for the filter screen. Do you have to remove the blower motor to see it. Thanks.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Is the air flow restricted using max AC as well as fresh air settings?

Do all blower speeds work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
to both

Thanks, ***** ***** fresh and recirculated air flow is restricted then odds are both inlet screens are not clogged. You are more than likely looking at a AC freon level or sensor issue allowing the evaporator to freeze over and reduce air flow or there is mold growth on the evaporator. Verify when you select defrost, panel, or floor that is the only place air is flowing out. If the air flow starts out good but gets worse like after 15 minutes then its evaporator freeze up. This model does not show to have a filter at either air inlet.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris