Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

NO BRAKELIGHTS,NO 4-WAY .REPLACED BRAKELIGHT

Customer Question

NO BRAKELIGHTS,NO 4-WAY FLASHER.REPLACED BRAKELIGHT SWITCH,TURNSIGNAL FLASHER,CHECKED FUSES.I DO NOT HEAR THE 4-WAY FLASHER CLICKING ?NEED IT'S LOCATION ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 1989 LINCOLN TOWNCAR.BASE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: FYI,YES.REPLACED FUSES,REPLACED 4-WAY SWITCH ON STEERING COLLAR.REPLACED,TURN SIGNAL SWITCH.
JA: Have you checked the fluids? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: ALL FLUIDS ARE FINE.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: WHEN LIGHTS ARE ON AND I TRY THE 4 WAYS,FUSE IS BLOWN.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The 4 way flasher should be on the back side of the interior fuse panel opposite of the turn signal flasher. Check it to see if its in place . As for the break lamps, if you take your 12 volt test light and check power at the break light switch are you getting power in and out of it with the breaks depressed? The power side wire is the lite green/red wire powered by the #1 fuse located in the interior fuse panel. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.