Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 1999 lincoln continental when I drive over 40 mph

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 1999 lincoln continental when I drive over 40 mph da dash keep saying traction control activate
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Tht started yesterday after changing two front tires the car has 196 thousand miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Did not do anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was thinking on taking out the abs fuse
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

The traction control is controlled by the ABS. The ABS monitors the wheel speed sensors for issues. If you just changed tires but only 2, those tires are possibly not the same brand or size or there is a significant difference in the tread depth between the new and old tires resulting in the circumference different and the tires front and rear traveling at different speeds making the ABS/traction control to see an issue. A diagnostic tool is needed to monitor the sensors and confirm this.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris