Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My AC is working in the back but not in the front. The

Customer Question

My AC is working in the back but not in the front. The blower is working and only hot air is coming out. The compressor kicks on and I had it checked for leaks and had freon replaced. No leaks.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: Coolant level is fine and no leaks. I paid $85 to have it checked for leaks. The machine took out all my freon and checked the hoses and then replaced the freon.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2005 Lincoln Aviator. The AC is working in the back.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I just went on here to see what the problem could be.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lincoln Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Are you working with electronic air (buttons) or manuel air (knobs) ?

If you place your hand on the accumulator on the passenger side of the firewall is it getting nice and cold with the AC running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Electronic buttons and what is the accumulator?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

The accumulator is the receiver/dryer (large black cylinder) located on the passenger side on the fire wall. Can you check it with the AC running and see if its getting cold ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did not find it. I touched every thing on firewall and it's all warm.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Okay how about the larger of the two hoses coming off the compressor, is it getting cold and have you installed a set of pressure gauges and read the system pressure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
One is cool. I had the ac checked on a machine that actually removed all the freon and checked the pressure and then replaced it. My pressure was fine. The AC is working in the rear.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Can you run the self test on the system and let see if there are any fault codes setting, see the steps to do this in the link below.

• To enter the self-test press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and release, then press the AUTO button within 2 seconds. The display will show a flashing blower icon for 20 seconds, after which all vacuum fluorescent segments will be displayed if there are no on-demand DTCs present. If DTCs are present the DATC module will display "00 00" and then on-demand DTCs. Record all DTCs displayed
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All segments were displayed at once.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

So did you get a code?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No code entered, the blower icon appeared than everything lit up, temperatures were all 8"s. 88, 8, -188, 8 with celcius sign
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Well Im thinking you may have an expansion valve issue here if n the rear is cooling but with out being there to read your pressures and do some hands on testing I can not say for sure. I can open the post back up for you as I do not think I can fix this over the internet .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, thank you. I am just going to take it to the dealer.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately they my be your best bet. Good luck to you as well.